'Tis the season for tasty treats from the kitchen! Today I'm sharing a recipe for one of my favorite holiday cookies. I grew up calling these cookies Mexican Wedding Cookies, but I've also heard them called Heavenly Bits and also Snowball Cookies. Whatever you call them, these cookies are delicious and super easy to make.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
3/4 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix butter, one cup powdered sugar and vanilla.
3. Stir in flour, nuts, and salt.
4. Shape dough into one inch balls.
5. Place on parchment lined baking sheets.
6. Bake 15 to 17 minutes.
7. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, roll each cookie in one cup powdered sugar. Place cookies on a wire rack to cool. Roll each cookie in powdered sugar again. When cookies are completely cooled, store in an airtight container.
Looking for more holiday goodies?
Check out these recipes!