So I've had candied nuts before, but I'd never tried making them myself. I had no idea how easy they were to make! I whipped up a batch of these cinnamon and sugar candied nuts and I planned on having them out for snacks on Thanksgiving, but I don't know if they will last that long. They're very addictive. Once you eat one, you can't stop! I used both pecans and almonds, but the pecans were definitely the favorite.!
1 pound of nuts (I used whole almonds and pecan halves)
1 egg white
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Mix dry ingredients (sugar, cinnamon, and salt) in a sealable container or bag.
4. Mix wet ingredients (egg white, water, and vanilla) in a medium bowl. Whisk until egg is frothy and peaks form.
5. Add nuts to egg mixture. Stir gently to coat all pieces.
6. Pour nuts into sugar mixture. Seal and shake gently.
7. Place nuts on parchment lined baking sheet and cook for one hour, stirring gently every 20 minutes.