It seems like this time of year everyone is sharing their recipe for pumpkin bread, so today I'm sharing my favorite pumpkin bread recipe. This pumpkin bread smells wonderful while it's baking! This recipe makes two loaves so you can eat one and give the other to a friend or neighbor, or even freeze it for later. At our house, we can eat a whole loaf in just a day! It's that good! This pumpkin bread is moist, almost like cake and it's great for breakfast, desert, or a snack. Enjoy!
3 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups pumpkin (1 14 to 15 oz. can)
2/3 cup water
1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves.
3. In a separate bowl mix eggs, oil, pumpkin and water.
3. Add the pumpkin mixture to the four mixture. Mix well.
4. Stir in walnuts, if using.
5. Pour batter into two buttered loaf pans.
6. Bake for 1 hour. Bread is done when wooden toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.
7. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen edges of bread with knife or spatula. Carefully remove bread from pans and cool on wire racks.