I'd be on Pinterest all day, every day if I could. Seriously, I would. But as much as I love Pinterest, I just can't be there all the time. A solution is to schedule pins on Pinterest with a pin scheduler. Pin schedulers automate pinning images to your Pinterest boards and there are some really great benefits to using them:
- Scheduling pins saves time.
- It provides analytics and data about how pins are performing.
- It enables you to spread many pins out over time.
- It allows you to stay active on Pinterest and pin frequently to maximize your reach and exposure.
When it comes to pin scheduling tools, there are a few different options to choose from. Viral Tag is too expensive for me (the monthly fee starts at $29 and goes up from there) and Ahalogy requires a request for an invite and placement on a waiting list. Since I wanted something that was reasonably priced and I didn't want to wait for an invite, I tested Board Booster, Tailwind, and Buffer. You can get started with each of these right away and they all have really nice free trials so you can test them out. So which one is better? Well, it depends on what you're looking for. All three have some really great features.
Board Booster: How it works:
Board Booster creates secret boards on your Pinterest page. No one but you will be able to see the secret boards. You must first pin items onto your secret boards, then set a schedule in Board Booster. Board Booster will pin items from your secret boards onto any board you choose.
What I like about Board Booster:
I really like Board Booster for managing group boards and scheduling multiple pins at once.
- Board Booster offers a free
trial and has an affordable monthly fee. With a free trial, you'll get
100 free pins. After that it's just $5.00 a month for five hundred
pins. You can upgrade and get bigger plans with more pins, but it still
works out to a penny a pin.
- Board Booster allows you to
schedule large numbers of pins all at once. This can be a real time
saver especially when scheduling pins with a common theme.
- Board Booster has some great automatic features that allow you to pin items multiple times without having to go back and
reschedule each time.
- Board Booster provides some really nice data such as a pin report that shows what items have been
pinned, as well as the number of likes and repins for each pin. Board Booster also shows you the best times to pin.
- Board Boaster is really handy for showing you the average number of repins per board. This can be really beneficial when decided which group boards to join and pin to since it basically shows you which boards have a higher repin rate.
- Board Booster is great for helping you manage group boards. It shows you who is pinning to your group boards and what they're pinning.
Tailwind: How it works:
Schedule pins for the exact time and day you want. Tailwind will pin it for you according to the schedule you set.
What I like about Tailwind:
I really like Tailwind for scheduling individual pins.
- Tailwind has a
free trial that includes 100 free pins. After that the basic monthly
plan is $10.00. Upgraded plans are also available.
- Each pin must be scheduled individually and you can choose a specific time to pin.
- You can schedule pins straight from Pinterest or right from a website
or blog. You don't have to pin to a secret board first.
- Tailwind provides in depth analytics.
Buffer: How it works:
Upload images and schedule for the exact time and day you want.
What I like about Buffer:I really like Buffer for sharing content across multiple social media platforms.
- Buffer has a seven day free trial. After that, the "awesome" plan is $10.00 a month.
- Buffer can schedule content on other social media like Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and Linkedin.
- Buffer is great for sharing your content, but not so great at repinning or sharing content from other sites.
A few things to keep in mind when using a pin scheduler:
- All scheduling platforms will require some work up front. Each scheduler is going to take time to learn how to use, but the effort you put in up front will be well worth it.
- One scheduling tool isn't better than another. Choose one that you enjoy using and fits your needs. Your pins, re-pins, likes, and followers will increase simply be being more active on Pinterest and all schedulers will help you do that.
- You'll still need to follow best Pinterest practices when using a pin scheduling tool. Continue to pin good quality content and avoid pinning too much which will overwhelm your follower's feeds.
- Even though a pin scheduler automates your pinning, don't set it and forget about it. Periodically review your scheduler and check your analytics to see what is working and what isn't and make changes to your pinning schedule as needed.
Board Booster, Tailwind, and Buffer are easy to get started. Since they all offer free trials, I recommended trying out each one to find out which one you like best. After you try them out, I'd love to hear from you about which one you like better and why.
Are you already scheduling your pins? Which scheduling tool are you using and what do you like about it?