Do you like peanut butter and chocolate? It's one of my all time favorite flavor combinations! This Valentine's Day, treat your sweetheart to some delicious homemade chocolate and peanut butter Valentine cookies!
1/2 cup margarine
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
48 chocolate hearts
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Unwrap chocolate hearts and set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat margarine and peanut butter until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla and beat well.
3. In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to peanut butter mixture and mix well.
4. Shape dough into one inch balls. Roll each ball in 1/4 cup sugar. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately place a chocolate heart on top of each cookie and press down so cookie cracks around the edges. Remove cookies from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.