As far as I'm concerned, Pinterest is perfect. But a new updated feature makes me love it even more. Pinterest recently introduced a new way to share pins. Now you can send someone a pin with a message and it's so easy! The ability to send someone a pin has been around for awhile, but being able to include a message is something new. The nice thing about this new feature is that your messaging is completely private. Only the sender and receiver of the messages will see what is written, unlike comments made on pins which are public and anyone following you can see them. So whether you're sharing a recipe, a gift idea, an idea for a party, a new place to visit, or just something humorous, now it's easier than ever to share it. You can quickly send a message to one person or a group of people. So what are you waiting for? Try out this new feature by sending a Pinterest message today and tell me what you think of it. I'd love to hear your opinions!
I'm including the directions for both laptops and mobile devices since they work a little bit differently.
1. Find your user name in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
2. Click the gray pin button. A drop down box will appear. You will see "notifications" and "messages." Click messages.
3. Click the little gray plus (+) button to open a message.
4. Type the name of the person you're sending the message to. Click "next" in the top right corner.
5 A new box will open in the lower left of the screen. Drag over the pin you want to send, type your message, and hit return. Click the "x" button in the top right corner. The box will close and your message will automatically send.
Mobile device directions
1. Click on a pin to open it.
2. Click the paper airplane icon.
3. Type a message.
4. Click the person you want to send it to.
For more help on how to send Pinterest messages, watch this tutorial video.
Need more Pinterest tips? The Pin Junkie can help!