Hello, I'm Jessica and I blog over at Mom's List It! Mom's List It is a place where mom's can buy and sell new or used items close to home, promote their business, events or fundraisers and connect with other mom's! Stop by to share recipes, browse features, get advice and win giveaways!
My inspiration for this recipe came from this pin from Will Cook For Smiles for Stuffed Pepper Soup.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 large tomato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 3/4 cup of dry Jasmine rice (that's my favorite but you can use whichever you like)
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat up the oil and add diced onion, tomato and peppers. Saute for a few minutes, until fragrant and onion starts to be transparent.
- Add the ground beef and mix well. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is mostly cooked.
- Add the beef broth and tomato paste. Stir well until all the tomato paste is incorporated.
- Add basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Taste to make sure you have enough salt.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, covered.
- Add rice and lower the heat to low. Cover and wait until the rice is done.
- Serve once the rice is cooked.
This recipe was delicious and so flavorful, definitely a new favorite!
Have you been inspired by Pinterest?
Share your story on The Pin Junkie!