I'm in an organizing mood and once I start, I can't stop. I've been trying to get my craft materials organized. It would be so nice to have a craft room - a whole room as a dedicated space to store things and a place to work. Instead, I have stuff stored in nooks and crannies all over the house and it's not very efficient. Craft supplies have begun to migrate to all parts of the house and needed to be corralled and contained. I'm trying to get everything to fit in this armoire, but at the same time not have it so packed that things aren't easily accessible.
The other nice thing about having a craft room is being able to close the door when there's a creative mess. This is the next best thing. I can close the doors so it's not visible to everyone.
I saw the idea for making labels in PicMonkey and decided to make labels for my craft supplies. I love labels. I don't know why they make me happy, they just do.
I have a label maker, but making labels in PicMonkey is a lot more fun because you get to make them exactly the way you want by adjusting the size, color, and font.
It's really easy to make labels in PicMonkey.
1. Go to PicMonkey.com and open "create a collage."
2. Drag the dotted lines to the right to make one big square. Add a swatch if you want a design on your label's background. (I left my labels white.)
3. Click "Edit." A window will pop up. Click "Open in editor."
4. Choose an overlay for the shape of your label. I used two overlays - one black and one white and stacked them to make one label. I used black and white, but you can change to any color.
5. When your label is finished, save a blank label.
6. Then you can open and edit your blank label to add text as many times as you need to without having to create the label over and over again.
*For a tutorial with visuals go here. The directions in this post are about making tags, but the process for making tags and labels is the same.
Have fun making your own labels, but be careful! Once you start labeling things, you won't be able to stop! If you'd like to use the labels I made just click to download and print.