1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3)
1/3 cup flour
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 small zucchini, sliced
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried oregano
salt & pepper to taste
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1. Wrap the chicken breasts in plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet. This tenderizes the chicken and also makes the chicken thinner so it will cook faster.
2. Place the chicken in a sealable container with the four. Shake to coat.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken breasts. Cook 5 - 7 minutes. Chicken should be lightly browned. Turn chicken and cook 5 - 7 minutes on the other side.
4. Remove chicken from skillet and put the chicken on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
5. In the same skillet saute the onion adding a bit more olive oil if needed.
6. Add diced tomatoes and garlic. Add chicken back to skillet. Add rosemary and oregano. Cover and simmer on low 5 - 10 minutes. (This ensures the chicken is cooked all the way through)
7. Remove chicken from the skillet. Stir in balsamic vinegar then add zucchini. Cook about 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Serve.