I love the fresh fruit of summer time! Are you enjoying a particular fruit that's in season right now? I bought some cherries that looked yummy but turned out to be really tart. I decided to make a cherry cobbler and wanted to share some with you. Enjoy!
3 cups fresh cherries, pitted
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 margarine or butter
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon sugar
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine cherries, sugar, and flour. Pour into 2-quart baking dish. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, combine four, sugar, baking powder, and salt. With a pastry knife, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
3. Beat egg and milk. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Combine until dough forms.
4. On a floured surface roll dough. Place dough on cherry mixture. Sprinkle topping with 1 teaspoon sugar.
5. Bake at 425 degrees about 15 minutes. Topping should be lightly browned. Allow to cool slightly before serving.